The presence of fungi (MOLD) within buildings poses unique challenges for owners, occupants and insurance carriers alike. Building owners are obligated to protect occupants and to mitigate damages and mold proliferation; building occupant paranoia often results from media headlines and misinformation; and insurance carriers must wrestle with property loss claims that result from water losses.
Since 1993, KGA has provided MOLD investigation and remediation consulting services. Our systematic and methodical approach ensures meaningful and effective results.
KGA is eminently experienced in investigating property loss claims related to MOLD.
KGA’s services include:
• Prompt claim assessment
• Field investigation and water leak testing to determine the source(s) of moisture feeding the mold growth
• Microbial sampling and analysis interpretation
• Development of mold remediation protocols and repair specifications
• Repair and restoration cost analyses
• Contract document preparation and bidding
• Construction monitoring to verify compliance with the remedial work scope
• Post mold remediation validation
KGA Project Experience
KGA has also provided expert trial testimony regarding the source(s) of water promoting mold growth, as well as the scope and cost of leak repairs, mold remediation and return of the property to its pre-loss condition.
• Registered Environmental Assessor REA-04881 California Environmental Protection Agency
• Applied Microbial Remediation Technician #75611 IICRC
• Water Restoration Certification #75611 IICRC
• Department of Labor 29cfr 1910.120
• Ph D. Mycologist consultant peer review
• Certified Microbial Consultants, AIAQC
• Indoor Air Quality Specialists
• Hazardous Substance Removal Contractors
• Professional Engineers and Architects
• Licensed Contractors CA, AZ, NV
• Certified Professional Estimators – ASPE
• Certified Building Inspectors ICBO, ICC, NFPA