Each year, several thousand new chemicals are introduced into commerce. Public interest for more stringent controls on hazardous materials and for preservation of our natural resources has affected regulations and industry policies. Furthermore, a heightened public awareness of hazardous materials has contributed to an ever-increasing number of environmentally-related claims.
The area of environmental claims is as varied as our natural and man-made environment. Some examples of current and past projects by KGA include the following:
“Sick” Building/Indoor Air Quality
KGA has testified on air quality issues based upon our investigation of:
* Regulatory requirements
* Air and material sampling and testing
* Deductive investigation of materials and ventilation conditions
* Mold/Fungus analysis
Site Characterization Studies
KGA has served owners and lenders by performing pre-construction site evaluations and by researching the land use history to aid in the identification and evaluation of potential unforeseen conditions.
Underground Storage Tanks (UST’s)
KGA’s staff has extensive experience in the removal, replacement, and disposal of Underground Storage Tanks, as well as soil remediation. KGA is experienced at interfacing with environmental and fire officials throughout the United States, on both the Federal and State levels.
Impact Studies of Hazardous Materials Sites
During grading and excavation of construction sites, KGA staff members have been called upon to assess the financial and delay aspects related to hazardous material containment and remediation, as well as to forecast the impact of potential site closure.
• Licensed Hazardous Substance Removal and Remediation Action Contractors #598009 and #489409
• Registered Environmental Assessor (Cal EPA) REA-04881
• Department of Labor 29cfn 1910.120 Training (“HAZWOPPER”)
• Department of Labor 29cfn 1910.120 Supervisor Training
• Licensed Engineers, Contractors, Architects.