Mediation and Arbitration
There are times in the construction industry when building systems and materials, or contractors and/or subcontractors fail to perform at a satisfactory level. When this happens building either stops, or the related problems are discovered, long after the work has been completed. At times like this the injured party often seeks help from an impartial third party, in this case a mediator.
What is Mediation?
Mediation refers to any interchange between two groups or individuals attempting to bring their respective points of view to a compromise.
Legal mediation is similar to arbitration, but non binding than arbitration for legal purposes. In a mediation, both sides must agree fully to a settlement, rather than relying on a third-party arbiter to decide the outcome.
Mediation is preferable to litigation for two good reasons:
• Mediation saves money.
• Mediation saves time.
KGA has served in the following capacities:
- Impartial Insurance Appraiser and Umpire
- Arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association
- Arbitrator for the Contractors State License Board
- Mediator for the California Department of Insurance
- Mediator for Orange County Superior Court System
- Mediator for Construction and Environmental issues
- Mediator for Los Angeles County Superior Court System
- Mediator for the Orange County Chapter of Community Associations Institute
- Independent Court appointed Experts for the Superior Court System
- Orange County Superior Court
- Los Angeles County Superior Court
- Humboldt State University – Mediator Certificate
- San Diego Mediation Center – Mediator Credential
- Registered Environmental Assessor, REA-04881 California Environmental Protection Agency
- American IAQ Council – Certified Microbial Consultant
- Lifetime Certified Professional Estimator #1192-00160 – ASPE
- Discipline Specific Estimator Certification-Waterproofing #07100 – ASPE
- Department of Labor 29cfr 1910.120 Training ("HAZWOPPER")
- Department of Labor 29cfr 1910.120 Supervisor Training
- Certified Construction Contract Administrator – CSI
- CDT - Construction Specifications Institute
- Concrete Field Testing Technician – Grade I, (inactive) ID# 926272 – ACI
- Certified Concrete Flatwork Technician – (inactive) ACI
- RCI Rooftop Quality Assurance #0030, Built Up & Single Ply Roofing – RRO