Aside from our traditional designation as qualified construction experts, KGA routinely serves as “competent and impartial” insurance appraiser or umpire to settle scope of loss disputes and related repair costs covered under the policy.
“If you (policy holder) and we (insurance company) fail to agree on the amount of the loss, then, either party may make a written request for an appraisal. In this event, each party will select a competent and impartial appraiser…the two appraisers will select a competent and impartial umpire…The appraisers will appraise the loss…An award in writing…” In every first party property policy (such as the one for fire, water loss, etc. for your house) is an appraisal clause similar to this one. The two appraisers and the umpire decide the “fair market cost” based upon what has been submitted by the parties to return the structure, contents and including time to the pre-loss condition.
- Lifetime Certified Professional Estimator #1192-00160 – ASPE
- Contractors State License Board – Arbitrator
- Certified Building Inspector - International Code Council #56606 (UBC & IBC, IRC)
- California Licensed General Engineering Contractor No. 598009
- California Licensed General Building Contractor No. 598009
- American Arbitration Association (AAA) Arbitrator
- Humboldt State University – Mediator Certificate
- San Diego Mediation Center – Mediator Credential